Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Break

I just wanted to start out writing how happy I am that I'm finallyy on a break. I was so used to having half days and random days off in high school that now, any day without school is much appreciated because I can relax and take my mind off of school for once. 

Having that said, now I'm just gonna talk about what I did Thanksgiving day, what happened after I got out of class on Wednesday, all that black Friday madness, and why I'm sitting at home doing nothing but listening to music and writing this blog.

So,  after taking my biology test I was stressing about for 2 weeks, I was ready to crash. I waited for my sister to take me home (still don't have a car), but she decided she wanted to try this Thai restaurant with some of her friends. I came with them (I'm not going to stay at school when nobody is there and everyone has gone home to see their family) and I thought the food was pretty good. I ordered these noodles with curry with medium + spiciness. Since I like spicy food, I thought this would be no big deal. NO. It was wayyyyy too spicy for me to handle and I needed to drink a lott of water to simmer down. ha. Nevertheless, it was a very fun outing.

 After all that, my sister and I went to go pick up one of her friends from her house and meet up some other people at Coldstones. This was pretty fun, but it was freezing...I didn't really have a proper coat to shield me from the chilliness. Anyways, I got my dark chocolate peppermint ice cream and it was pretty good and minty =). So, basically I finished class at almost 1:00pm and got home at like 8-9pm. It was a pretty fun day! :D

Now, if your still reading, the next day was Thanksgiving. Family friends had invited my family and other to eat a Thanksgiving type dinner with them. See, my family eats Thanksgiving dinner with turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, etc etc. I assumed other Arab families did the same even though we shouldn't really celebrate it (idk). So, when we went, we weren't served Thanksgiving type food, but food like salad, meat, chicken, a lot of Arabic food, dessert, etc. It wasn't what I expected, but I was pleased with a change in things for once and being able to see some of my friends after not seeing them for many months. It was a very fun experience and I wouldn't mind doing my Thanksgiving like this more often :D.

Next, I would love to get on the subject of Black Friday, but I never go shopping on that day plus I've dedicated another blog entry to this day and the craziness I heard that occurred on that day.

Fast forward to today, and now I'm just sitting here writing about my fun fun Thanksgiving break with my friends and family (my friend and I are supposed to go see Twilight today or tomorrow, hopefully :D...if my parents let me haha). 

This was a really fun Thanksgiving break because it let me catch up on my sleeping, finish homework not due for another week, spend more time with my friends and family and be thankful for everything i have (not that I'm not already thankful for everything i have). I look forward to another fun, healthy, and safe year and many more to come! :D

No comments: